Bringing blues into the garden is soothing. Blue has a recessive, calming quality in the garden.
Here are some tips gained from professional experience on using the color blue in your planting schemes.
1. Blue plants placed towards the end of a border increase the impression of distance
2. Blue is enlivened when mixed with its complement orange on the color wheel
3. Combine blues with silver foliage plants to intensify the color
4. Blue has a stabilizing effect when used with “hot” or bright colors
5. In shady or low light conditions, white, dark and cool colors tend to sparkle and intensify but warm colors may appear dull